[thelist] Win2K Pro/IIS 5 connection problem

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Oct 4 15:10:14 CDT 2001

OK, this is embarassing to ask because I should know how to fix it.
Nevertheless, here goes...

I have a standalone PC running Windows 2000 Professional with SP2 and IE6
installed. This machine doesn't have a network card.

When I open up the IIS MMC, it gives me the following error:

<error>

	Error connecting to Madhu:

	Do you wish to continue to attempt to connect to it in the future?

</error>

Because of this, I can't host a web site locally. I've tried the following:

1) Uninstalled and reinstalled IIS (no difference)
2) Looked up Microsoft knowledge base (no help there)
3) Banged my head against a wall (gave me a headache)

So I turn to thelist for assistance. Anyone know a way out of this mess?

Thanks,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant