[thelist] Domain name registrars

Sean Stephens lasso at treefroginteractive.com
Fri Oct 5 08:08:04 CDT 2001

> I've used joker.com for years. Never had any
> problems with them.

I sure have. I went to change name server IP addresses 6 months ago (I was
moving my servers) and Joker almost caused me a nervous breakdown after not
responding to my request to change nameserver info for over 2 weeks.

After a dozen calls to Germany (from a phone number I got off their WHOIS
info) I finally got in touch with some guy who told me they were backlogged
and I wouldn't see my nameservers change for the better part of a week.

Then they got the information incorrect (they got it corrected, though, a
week later on their own just after a few of my clients left me).

Run away from Joker.com. Far, far away. Unless you want to learn the hard
way.

Sean