[thelist] Input File Value

Ben Ewing bewi at haestad.com
Fri Oct 5 10:11:22 CDT 2001

I'm trying to set the Value attribute on a File type Input field and it's
not working.  Every HTML source I've read, including w3c.org, says that the
File type supports the Value attribute.  But, I'm pretty certain at this
point that it doesn't.

I've made a really really simple test page,
http://www.benandchintana.com/albums2/test.asp,
where I put a text box (the control) and a file box next to each other.
I've tried setting the value attribute directly and with JavaScript with no
luck.

Anybody else run into this and find a work around?  Or am I missing
something totally obvious?

This is driving me nuts.

Thanks for your help,
Ben