[thelist] OT: dont stiff the webmaster...

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Oct 5 15:05:52 CDT 2001

joshua wrote:

>It seems that if this sort of changed happened on a live domain that
>somebody could be held accountable.

if Mr. Webmaster was so angry at being stiffed, he/she (why am I
relatively certain it was a 'he'?) should simply have removed the
site.

He may have gotten paid, then, and he could upload the site again.

If I were this woman & I found out about this, I'd retaliate...
either via the Internet (trash webmaster's rep) or if I actually had
money, with lawyers.  Or both.  But if the site was simply pulled for
non-payment, I'd probably pay up... if I had the money.