[thelist] Outlook Express woes

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Fri Oct 5 20:42:56 CDT 2001

| That's the thing though,  it is only doing to some folders
| not all.  and the
| ones it has deleted have not been large folders.

Hi Adrian,

A friend had this problem, not exactly, but close. The cause was two-fold:
one, the disk was running out of room. Why? That's the second part -- seems
that deleting the files was not actually deleting them, so all sorts of
havoc ensued.

The solution was to export all the mail, uninstall/reinstall OE, and import
those very same messages.

<tip type="dealing with MS software">
Of all the things I do in life, I can't think of any more redundant than
dealing with the problems Microsoft software affords me -- the problem with
this is that I learn somewhat more quickly than the number of times I have
to do things with them.

What to do?

Well, I, for one, try to dump all the extra work that I have to endure into
my character. I develop all kinds of attributes like patience and humility.
This makes me a better person, a better worker and more fun to be around,
doesn't it? I keep telling myself this. It makes the emotional problems
easier to handle.

One day, though, I will look around and see myself nearing perfection. That
is the day I know I need to get Linux. I would have become delusional -- and
need to go for bigger challenges!
</tip>

<rory disposition="happily" alt="8)"/>