[thelist] Outlook Express woes

Brad Miller brad at beldamar.com
Sat Oct 6 22:05:56 CDT 2001

Well said.
Yes when you empty your deleted items folder it is like emptying the recycle
bin.
It is gone. I think there are some programs that will give you that
additional oops button but haven't
really dealt with anything like that since undelete in DOS.

I would suggest that you upgrade to Outlook 2000 or above. You will have a
lot more options and a little bit more
stable program. It is also a lot easier to backup.

As mentioned before you could save your important emails as text files and
then zip them. But that seems a bit extreme to me.

If you don't want to upgrade to Outlook, then I would suggest upgrading OE
to the latest version if you haven't already.
That could fix your problems.

If your completely out of drive space then you may want to look into
deleting your temporary files, temporary internet files and even removing
some programs.
I frequently look through my add/remove programs for stuff I never use
anymore or stuff I installed to try, and forgot to remove.
And sometimes you just sacrifice programs for others, or buy a bigger drive.

Thanks,
Brad Miller
702-438-7660
www.rapidfx.com