[thelist] Internet Explorer and Privacy Policies?

Don Makoviney don at aspalliance.com
Sun Oct 7 12:48:54 CDT 2001

I am sure everyone has noticed the little icon at the bottom of the new IE
browsers that state "PRIVACY POLICY IS MISSING".

Anyone have any documentation about this? About what kind of provacy policy
I need to have to eliminate it?

For instance, check out my site at http://www.makovision.com/. On the main
page (in IE 6.0) I get the PRIVACY POLICY MISSING icon.

However, if you click over to the subscriber page for the free newsletter,
at http://www.makovision.com/subs/ , you will notice that the Privacy Policy
icon disappears. Yet BOTH pages have a hyperlink to the SAME Privacy Policy.

Anyone know anything about this? Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don Makoviney
MAKOVISION.COM - Handpicked Internet News For Web Developers
http://www.makovision.com/

FREE WebDev/Usability
http://www.makovision.com/subs/