[thelist] Site Critique requested

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Mon Oct 8 10:16:02 CDT 2001

Andy, aside from the layout not working as described by others, I'm
wondering about the Amazon logo under Associates.

Yes, we of the web development community (should) know what that means, but
will a client? I've seen a letter from one company claiming to be
affiliated with Yahoo, E-Bay, Amazon, AOL, etc. This letter was sent to
various companies in an attempt to drum up business, one of them being a
client of ours - it's obviously good marketing speak to ally yourself with
such big names. But when we told the client what this "associate" and
"affiliate" status really meant they were most displeased.

Technically there's absolutely nothing wrong with calling oneself an Amazon
Associate, but morally, is it right to do so in this manner?

I apologise in advance if no one else sees this as being somewhat duplicitous.