[thelist] Site Critique requested

Andy Warwick andy.w at creed.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 10:48:59 CDT 2001

Thanks to everyone who looked at the site at

   http://www.creed.co.uk/test/

and commented and sent screenshots (too many to list or thank individually).
They helped me understand exactly what was going wrong.

I'm now hoping - a few tweaks later - that the problem is fixed and all the
platforms and browsers will play nice; and if they don't they degrade
gracefully and explain why not.

(It was a mistake in the the CSS file, where I was adding margins and
paddings that I didn't need to. The main content <div> doesn't have a set
width, so my "fix" wasn't even needed. If anyone is interested what I was
trying to work around, see http://glish.com/css/hacks.asp)

If those people who were having "issues" could check again I would
appreciate it.

I'd also like to know that the site degrades nicely if you turn of CSS or
look in very old version of Netscape that aren't standard-complaint. There
should be a subtle, well-reasoned argument to upgrade.

Thanks for all the help again.

--
Andy Warwick

email: andy.w at creed.co.uk                      PGP ID: 0xB1D73499
Creed New Media Design                          tel: 07976 205085
Nottingham, England                        http://www.creed.co.uk
website production - internet programming - new media consultancy
cdrom multimedia - graphic design - digital image retouching