[thelist] <meta name="robots" content="index,nofollow">

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Mon Oct 8 19:06:00 CDT 2001

| ========================
| > Can some one explain to me what this does?
|
| It tells the Search Engine robots to index that web page, but
| not to follow
| the links on the page to other web pages.
|
| It is also worth noting that the meta tag is a "request". There is no
| obligation of any kind for a search engine to follow that request.

But, Malcom, if you, by chance, are building a robot spider, please
graciously take note: not to follow the <meta> cues and follow the links
(you follow?) is considered, generally, A Bad Thing. (Run Away, Run Away!!!)

<rory disposition="following implies leadership -- and the ability to
recognize it" alt="8)"/>