[thelist] Java.NET - good thing? bad thing?

Glenn Hunt ghunt at hds.ca
Tue Oct 9 00:09:45 CDT 2001

<sarcasm><rant>
Sounds really good (and as has already been pointed out, there's some
déjà vu in there). And .NET runs on .NET servers. Who controls .NET
servers then? Why that would be ......

The only way this is really good is if .NET is open source. Run it on
the OS of *your* choice - the original idea behind Java - separate the
App from the OS.

All MS is doing is providing a "translator" so that you can take what
you've already learned and use it to develop apps to run on MS servers.
Isn't that GREAT news! We can do this now people - what's new? Virtually
all apps can be compiled for MS now.

All we need is .NET taking over so that everything runs on bullet-proof,
fast, reliable, and unhackable MS servers <teehee>. Thanks, but I think
I'll take my money out of the bank now.
</rant></sarcasm>

Glenn Hunt
ghunt at hds.ca