[thelist] How can I make this validate

Rebecca Milot-Bradford RMilot-Bradford at nsca-lift.org
Tue Oct 9 12:10:24 CDT 2001

Hi.

I am trying to make the site I am working on validate using the W3C html
validator. I have an item that is giving me a problem.

The item is a dropdown menu that takes the user directly to a page when an
option is selected. The line that refuses to validate is
<select name="menu"
onChange="location=document.jump1.menu.options[document.jump1.menu.selectedI
ndex].value;" value="GO">

The error message I receive from the W3C validator is "Error: there is no
attribute "VALUE" for this element (in this HTML version)"

The html version is 4.01 transitional.

Please, does anyone know how I can make this validate?

Best Wishes,

Rebecca Milot-Bradford
rmilot-bradford at nsca-lift.org