[thelist] I hate Fireworks

Roger Newbrook roger.newbrook at kmsoftware.com
Wed Oct 10 03:31:07 CDT 2001

as many others have said, think the watchword is perseverance :) my own
initial use of fireworks was frustrating (as is any new software if you are
very familiar with doing the job with something else!) but i have come to
appreciate the versatility png files offer re initial design and rework. It
is a hybrid of image and illustration software.

Janet said:
>>How does this Mac influence manifest itself? Seems to me menus are menus,
>>and doesn't matter much whether they are Mac or PC, it's whether the
>>selections are intuitive or not. This has just not been an intuitive
program
>>for me :)

dunno if this qualifies as a tip, but for sanity's sake, make sure you have
your object popup (stroke, fill etc), frames window and your tools option
open all the time (from the Window menu), saves you rummaging round whenever
you need to do something. these are the bits i tend to use most often.

keep on pnging :)