[thelist] Table Background (no repeat)

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Wed Oct 10 12:34:43 CDT 2001

Annie,

> I have a small image that i want to place as a background in a table. I
want
> to keep the image small, and I dont want it to repeat. I want to place it
> near the top and in the center :) is this possible? I know you can do this
> sort of thing with a BODY background, but I cant find anything about it
for
> a table.

    Yes, it's possible. Modify this code to your specific needs:

  table
  {
    background: #ffffff url(bgimage.gif) no-repeat scroll top center ;
  }

    Keep in mind that Netscape 4.x respects neither background-attachment
(scroll, in this case) nor background-position (top center). The lack of
support for background-attachment won't be an issue in this case, since
"scroll" results in traditional behavior, anyway. But Netscape 4's lack of
support for background-position will thwart your efforts in that browser.

James Aylard