[thelist] Redefine body tag - not working? - fixed...

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Wed Oct 10 17:35:31 CDT 2001

Chris,

> Has _anyone_ come across this before?  Talk about frustrating. I had no
> comments on that line (but some at the beginning of the file: // ), none
> below it... I just don't understand.

    There is likely a syntax error somewhere in your style sheet. In fact,
if I am understanding you correctly, you included a comment at the beginning
of the file with a javascript-style double-slash delimiter? If so, that is
likely the cause of your problem.
    Comments within a CSS file may *only* be delimited by /* */, not double
slashes or HTML comment delimiters. The only exception is that HTML comment
delimiters may enclose the entire content of an embedded style sheet to hide
the content from non-CSS-enabled browsers. Change your comment delimiters,
and all should be well.

James Aylard