[thelist] File transfer from/to Unix without FTP?

Lauri Vain lauri_lists at tharapita.com
Thu Oct 11 07:56:09 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I have a webserver and I need to work with the server side scripts that are on
that server. The server doesn't have FTP installed but has SSH and Telnet.

I have root access and I also created a regular user for myself. I use Windows
to code my files but I also have access to a Unix server to which I can FTP to
as well (so if there are any Unix to Unix file transferring commands, then I can
use those too).

I think there are ways to transfer files from/to a Unix system via the command
line. Can anybody tell me anything about those?

Ideas?

Thanks,
Lauri