[thelist] Logo/Design of Syncasaurus Logo...

Paul Cowan paul at wishlist.com.au
Thu Oct 11 22:57:47 CDT 2001

Hiya Morbus,

Just dropping you a line not to offer any help on the Syncasaurus project
(I'd love to, but Perl is one of the languages I DON'T know), but to offer
you a word or 2 of encouragement... you're taking on a pretty daunting
project, but wow, what a useful one... I have been an avid BookmarkSync user
for ages, and am very disappointed at the decision charge.

It's fair enough from their point of view, I guess, but an open source
one... wow. What a great idea. Good luck with the project, if there's any
techy stuff (non-perl related) that you need, feel free to yell out.

I look forward to seeing the finished product!

As far as suggestions, I would love to see (eventually, obviously) the idea
of multiple 'collections'. So, under my paul at wishlist.com.au, I could have
bookmark collections of
	-- Work-Related
	-- Personal
	-- Hardcore XXX links
(or whatever ;) )

And then, on my work computer, I could say only to sync the first
'collection'... but not to sync the other 2 because I don't want them on the
work machine.

That would also (possibly) allow "collaboration", so I could have a
collection where I share the username/password for that collection with
friends, who can then add their own bookmarks... just an idea.

Anyway, good luck!

Cheers,

Paul Cowan