[thelist] PCIE IFRAME problems

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Fri Oct 12 10:18:27 CDT 2001

Kerin,

> However, on IE6, regardless of the width of the IFRAME contents (300px
> inside a 500px IFRAME for example), I get horizontal scrollbars.
>
> Why is this? And how can I fix it? Is there some proprietary MS CSS to
> turn off horizontal scrollbars? And why is it adding them in there
> regardless of the page width anyway?

    I don't see the effect that you describe even in IE 6 on Win2K (I do,
however, see text overrun the photograph in one box). You can eliminate
scrollbars by adding the CSS property "overflow: hidden" to the affected
iframe. This will eliminate both horizontal and vertical scrollbars,
however. If you only want to eliminate the horizontal scrollbar, you can use
the IE-proprietary property "overflow-x: hidden ;".

James Aylard