[thelist] C

r.livsey r.livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 11:32:55 CDT 2001

Not really on topic, but Im starting programming in C (microsoft
environment etc..) and was wondering if anyone knows of a good reference
book for MS's version. I can find loads of books on ANSI and borland C,
but not any decent ones on MS's concoction!

Cheers.

<objunky type="general programming">
Typing = instead of == can cause all sorts of errors.
Instead of typing :

if ($i==0){...}

Try using the format :

if (0==$i){...}

Now if you make the mistake of typing = instead of == you will get an
error as 0 cannot be assigned a value! </objunky>

R.Livsey
Why do we wait until a pig is dead to "cure" it?
Lead Programmer for the Tickle Group
Freelance work always welcome
[ PHP | Perl | mySQL | Java ]
w : cache-22.co.uk