[thelist] [fwd] SSI or PHP or ? Help/Advise please

Kevin Martin evolt at brasscannon.net
Mon Oct 15 09:15:52 CDT 2001

> From: Simon Coggins <ppxsjc1 at nottingham.ac.uk>
>
> > So here is what I want to know. How can I make this happen without
> > having to create 1000 plus individual pages? How can I use either
> > virtual includes or php to create the pages "on the fly"? So if a
> > customer wants to see "vcase_1wide.gif" how can I write this so that it
> > will dynamically create the page including both the header/nav and the
> > image?
>
> This evolt article is probably what you are looking for:
>
> Search Engine Friendly SSI Image Gallery
> http://evolt.org/article/list/20/15882/index.html
>
> And this might help with the breadcrumbs part:
>
> Breadcrumbs for PHP Lovers
> http://evolt.org/article/list/17/4455/index.html

Thanks, Simon.  I'm a little shy after that, but what the heck, I owe
The List something for the help I've gotten here!

A couple months back The List helped me create a very lightweight
"display one nicely packaged picture at a time" application, my very
first perl CGI.  It might have some tutorial value because of its
simplicity.  (It could be done in PHP, I'm sure.)  The annotated sample
code is at http://handsonhowto.com/cgi101.html  and if you want to see it
in action, the image gallery is at http://images.brasscannon.org/
(username is kevin, password showme)  As it contains unclothed images,
adults and evolters only, please.