[thelist] URL Not Validating

Paul Peterson paul at woggz.com
Mon Oct 15 15:56:12 CDT 2001

Hello listers.

I am trying to validate a page which includes the following link:

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?event=AFF&p=1008468&ite
m_no=CD23122

However, when I try to do that I receive the following errors:

*************************

Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an SGML
parser.

*    Line 77, column 50:

  ... ristianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?event=AFF&p=1008468&item_no=CD
                                                        ^
Error: unknown entity "p"

*    Line 77, column 50:

  ... k.com/Christian/Books/product?event=AFF&p=1008468&item_no=CD23122" tar
                                                        ^
Error: unknown entity "item_no"

Sorry, this document does not validate as HTML 4.01 Transitional.

Obviously this has something to do with having ampersands in my URL, but I'm
not techie enough to know why. Is there a way I can make this validate and
still maintain the link?

Much appreciated,
Paul