[thelist] Best Statistics Server

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Wed Oct 17 11:27:19 CDT 2001

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

There are 2 elements here:
1) Data recording
2) Data reporting

As mentioned, Vignette gives you both, but you can unbundle
them, so you can use reporting from Cognos, ePiphany or whoever.

Of course, any reporting package will need configuring - whether
it's Vignette's RMS or not. Some would consider this 'fighting with'
the functionality, but it's the basics of what you have to do to get
reports that are useful - the out of the box reports I've seen for
all the tools mentioned are pretty useless.

One thing is sure - configuring a system is a lot less work than
writing it from scratch. It's also much more likely to be bug-free
on first use.

Cheers
Martin

Please respond to thelist at lists.evolt.org