[thelist] OT - Email and IE6 (Resolved)

Ron Klegman rklegman at mediaone.net
Wed Oct 17 12:36:32 CDT 2001

Hi Everyone,

	yesterday I posted a message about a problem I was having with outlook 2000
and IE6. I don't know if anyone read the message but it stated that I was
having problems viewing graphics here and there in email after I had
uninstalled IE6. After a few days of trying to figure this out.. I finally
manage to understand what is going on.. provided I have the correct idea..
anyway.. this is how I resolved this issue if anyone is having a similar
issue.

To begin with I installed IE6.. I installed it to it's own directory.. so I
had IE5.5 and 6 in two different directories. Then I had problems. I tried
to uninstall it.. through someone's advice I took a termination program
which rid me of all IE6 or so I thought.. there were some hidden files
within Outlook2000 that was still using the IE6 engine. I didn't know this.
Today I began to wonder if it was that engine so I elected to reinstall IE6
but to the default installation.

All problems at this point resolved. Both with Browsing and with Outlook
2000 email viewing graphics.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

There is another with N32USRL.DLL that I have resolved (dealing with target
file missing) if anyone needs advice on it. I'll leave it alone for now.

Thanks for listening,
Ron Klegman