CDONTS dying (was Re: [thelist] Script Time Out in ASP)

Matthias Ritzkowski Matt at grndwtr.com
Wed Oct 17 15:56:53 CDT 2001

It looks like you do not know what causes this "sudden death". I would
suspect it is a bad email adress or some oddball character in the body of
you email messages which kills the CDONTS.

Try writing all the information you send to the SMTP server also to a
logfile with as you loop through your emails.
This way, you will see what was the last action that performed successfully.

I have used this troubleshooting when nothing else indicated what caused me
problems.

Good luck
Matthias