[thelist] Script Time Out in ASP

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Oct 18 11:05:15 CDT 2001

Hey Scott ...

I tried this suggestion .. that was made by a couple others too.  No luck at
all... still very slow (and I'm only testing on 10 messages).  I'm waiting
for info from my host on setting a path for the SendToQueue option available
with ASPEmail .. hopefully this will solve the problem.

Now, maybe I misunderstood what you (and others) were suggesting... I moved
the

Set Mail=Server.CreateObject("Persits.MailSender")

line as well as the Mail.Host, From, From Name, etc. (consistent info)
outside of the Do Not While rs.eof line.  So, all that remains within the
loop is Mail.AddAddress rs("email") and mail.Body which is created by taking
the "body" string passed from the textarea on the previous page, adding some
other info processed above (i.e. who sent the message), and then adding the
unsub info which also inserts the email address from the recordset.

The only other thing that gets set within the loop is "number = number +1"
then rs.MoveNext.  (I get it to print out, message sent to number,
afterwards.

I close my recordset and connection, setting both to nothing, as well as set
mail to nothing too.

Someone mentioned using CDONTS .. I'm not sure if that's even available from
my host company. I guess I should go find out.

Thanks for the help,

Mich