[thelist] cfprocparam

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Thu Oct 18 13:43:21 CDT 2001

> Raymond replied:
>
> | Actually, you don't if your using CF5. You can use the connectstring
> | attribute instead. I haven't use this, but it should work.
> |
> | Should. ;)
>
> Right, but the connectionstring is also passed to an ODBC
> handler, right? In
> the documentation it is. It is in ODBC format (i.e. like, {driver=SQL
> Server; server=serverName; database=databaseName; uid=noo;
> pwd=buz;}).
>
> An OLEDB connection looks different, like: "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data
> Source=serverName;Initial Catalog=databaseName; User
> ID=noo;Password=buz;"
>
> Could I, perhaps, pass either? I guess, likely without need, I'm just
> concerned that CF needs to use ODBC or access the registry or
> some other
> performance killing fixation.

I believe you can... as always, this comes down to you just trying it
and seeing what happens. Sorry I can't be more help here. This is an
area that I don't have a lot of experience in. The main benefit of
connectstring that I know of is that it would be useful for talking to
apps not defined in the cfadmin.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus