[thelist] Navigator 100% table

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Oct 18 17:42:16 CDT 2001

Adam,

Yeah, I've seen it on a few occasions.  I've looked through your code,
having a hard time following it to be honest.

First things first, get the page to validate:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2F24.13.238.110%3A5153%2Fnewsit
e%2Fnews.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline

Secondly, more than likely the problem is due to NS not liking the 100%
width.  Try using 99% width.  I couldn't find the exact <TD> where you
specify 100% width for the right side, I may have missed it.  Between the
<TD> and the inside table tag, play around with the widths.  You may want to
even eliminate the width on the inside table and only specify it in the
<TD>.  I can't remember off-hand which option works and which doesn't.  The
other thing to be careful of is setting the width of a table to 100% and
then applying an "align=?" attribute.  That makes NS unhappy too.  Also, be
diligent in making sure all the widths are specified in the Main body table.

If you still can't get it sorted out, turn on the borders for the inside
table, and let's have a look at it again.

You've got some odd nesting going on, some of which I don't think you need.
It's taking the page a long time to load (and I'm on cable), and the
validator took quite a while to go through your site.

Hope this helps some .. post back if you still need help with it.

Michele