[thelist] Navigator 100% table

Roger Newbrook roger.newbrook at kmsoftware.com
Fri Oct 19 03:41:15 CDT 2001

>>I have a table.  This table has one row, two data elements.  The first TD
is
>>fixed at 180, the second is set to 100% to take up the rest of the table.

>>...Navigator 4.7 does something really wierd.  ...
>>Very wierd.  Anyone seen this?

YES!!! this problem has oft grace my monitor and is the bane (bain?) of my
life, really irritating. I have usually found it to be a question of content
of the tables in question. when widths are set to 100% with a first column
of fixed pixel width, and there is little content in the right hand column,
you do experience this wierd stretching of the fixed width cell. lots of
content in the right cell usually forces the table to conform :) but other
than that, it is a real bugger! You could try you could use a spacer image
in the right hand side to force a minimum width regardless of the amount of
content. If there's a lot of it, the table should act as planned, if not,
the table will at least be a minimum width. hope this helps

roger

<tip>
when experiencing wierd spacing problems with tables, set the border to "1"
for 'debugging' puropses. This at least allows you to work out which bit of
the table is acting up. sounds obvious, but i find it really useful.
</tip>