[thelist] Operating Systems

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usashs.com
Fri Oct 19 09:40:54 CDT 2001

You're finding you have to reboot Win2k machines often?
We have several Windows 2000 SP2 Server boxes that havent been rebooted in
months.  Even the Win2k Pro machines get restarted once a week maximum.  Ive
removed the shut down command altogether from the user's profiles, and
reboot them once a week on a schedule.
The Win2k web server box had to be restarted a few weeks ago because of
virus updates and patches, but thats it.

<tip type=Book Eval>
I just completed the Sams "Teach yourself XML in 24 hours" book and a good
portion of the code samples were incorrect.  They were available for DL from
the Sams' site, and most of them didnt follow the book as instructed, and
some were just plain wrong. (Yes I DLed the correct samples for the correct
book).  Havent read any other '...in 24 hours' books so I cant comment on
the series as a whole, but this one wasnt worth its money.
</tip>

--Salvatore