[thelist] More cfstoredproc

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Fri Oct 19 14:15:11 CDT 2001

Hi all,

If you remember our saga, there was a small bug uncovered in CF5 which
doesn't allow you to specify the DBMS's Stored Procedure's parameter
variable's name.

OK. So, I bent to the current state of things and modified my code. Hey,
workarounds have been harder; it improves documentation to boot.

Now, I've got the server dying on me.

I run my super-duper high-powered multi-resultset-returning 1-2-3-4-punch
stored-procedure (i like dashes 8) on the server and *WHAM* it dies with a
not-so-tidy explanation that memory is all used up. Of course it takes about
6 minutes to do this. (Oh, here it is, fresh from the oven:
CMemoryException: Out of memory.
PCodeRuntimeContextImp::executeSQLTagCFStoredProc::endTag)

Now, I thought, perhaps it doesn't like the resultsets I am returning. I
removed one... it worked!

I added it back... it broke. 8(

I removed it and added one which doesn't return a column of type text
(remember this is MS SQL 2k). It worked again! But still 8(

I created a cfstoredproc tag which returns only _one_ resultset, with a
column of type text.

Ah ha! I get: unknown exception condition
PCodeRuntimeContextImp::executeSQLTagCFStoredProc::endTag.

Everything else seems to be running ok... I mean all the other cfquery and
cfstoredproc tags...

Insights?

<rory disposition="I'm going to lunch and taking this little ladybug which
has been keeping me company all morning with me!" alt="8)"/>