[thelist] Site Tree

Russell Griechen russgri at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 20 09:12:44 CDT 2001

From: "Ryan Carmody" <carmodyryan at hotmail.com>
> I'm looking for a good piece of software to document the site hierarchy
and
> eventually help in making architectural changes.  Do any of you have any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan J. Carmody
> carmodyryan at hotmail.com

Part Swiss Army knife, part chainsaw, Teleport Pro is a fully automated,
multithreaded, link-following, file-retrieving webspider.  It will retrieve
all the files you want -- and only the files you want -- from any part of
the
Internet.  Teleport Pro can also

   - Completely download a website, enabling you to "offline browse" the
site
     at much greater speeds than if you were to browse the site online
   - Create an exact duplicate, or "mirror" of a website, complete with
     subdirectory structure and all required files
   - Search a website for files of a certain type (and even size!)
   - Download a list of files from the Internet
   - Explore every website linked from a central website
   - Search a website for keywords
   - Make a list of all pages and files on a website

Want to offline browse a website?  Want to grab 400 sound files for a
multimedia presentation?  Looking for just the right background graphic?  A
list of every web page and file on a shareware site?  Found a huge archive
of
great graphics -- but don't want to wait for each of them to download?
Found
a great link site, but don't have the time to check out every link?

No more waiting for slow pages to download.  No more clicking on links for
hours, only to find garbage at the end of your trail.

How to Use This Document

To view it on screen in Notepad, maximize the Notepad window.

To print it, open it in Notepad or another word processor,
then use the Print command on the File menu.

In syntax lines, lowercase text signifies replaceable parameters and
uppercase text must be typed as it appears.

http://www.tenmax.com

Russell Griechen