[thelist] IE 6 Quirks

A George support at idesign.net.au
Sat Oct 20 23:31:24 CDT 2001

I have noticed that IE6 seems to center-align everything by default.
I also have the following problem, which only occurs in IE6:

These links:

onMouseOut="this.className = 'hoff';">apage</font><font
class="link"> ]</font></a>

Reference these class's:

.hoff {font: 9pt Arial; color: #C0C0C0; font-weight: bold; text-decoration:
none}
.hon {font: 9pt Arial; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold; text-decoration:
none}

Site is here: http://www.crossroads.org.hk [links are at top]

In other browsers, these links appear *bold*. In IE6, however, they have
normal weighting.
I can't figure out why!
Is it possible my global link style: A:link {font: 9pt Arial;  color:
#0000FF; font-weight:*normal*; text-decoration: none}is conflicting with the
class's above? If so, why does this only seem to affect IE6?
One other thing which might be effecting things (although I don't see how),
is that the links aren't native to the html; they're part of a text include.

Any ideas?

- Adam George
adam at idesign.net.au