[thelist] Plain text please

Olly Hodgson gnarly at punkass.com
Sun Oct 21 07:20:48 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed McCarroll" <Ed at ComSimplicity.com>
Subject: RE: [thelist] Plain text please

> Besides, HTML post can carry (evil, Evil, EVIL!!!) viruses.

Oooh, dont I just know it.

Reformatted my PC, installed Win2K, have dialup so getting all the critical
updates takes forever and a day. Check my email whilst they are downloading.
And my first batch of incoming mail has NIMDA.A in it. :-(

Not only that but McAfee.com's online ActiveShield thing crashes when I try
to reinstall it. GRRR! Thankfully Trend Micro's online virus scan
(http://housecall.antivirus.com) and Symantec's NIMDA fix tool
(http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.nimda.a@mm.removal.tool.html
) saved the day.

<tip type="Keep Windows Updated">
If you want to make sure you always have the latest security fixes etc for
Windows, download the "Critical Update Notification" tool from
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
</tip>

Olly
- www.gnarly.f2s.com -