[thelist] Scroll Bars not showing up

Gerenday, Perry (P.) pgerenda at visteon.com
Tue Oct 23 09:07:35 CDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt [mailto:mspiegler at lightbulbpress.com]

 > I have a page which is composed entirely of Divs, some of which are
 > initially hidden. In Netscape, the Scroll bars are not
 > showing up when
 > the page loads, even though the hidden content stretches
 > well below the
 > fold. Are there any tricks I can use to get them to show up?
 > Is this a
 > common problem? Is there a way to force scroll bars to show up?

Hi Matt,

I have encountered this problem on several occasions. Seems that only
content that "rests" on the page will create a scroll bar. Layers will not.
I have solved the problem by adding an empty table to the page with a height
equal to space taken up by your DIVs. Alternatively, you could put

HTH

Perry Gerenday, Visual Communications Artist
www.virtually-artistic.com