[thelist] Stopping Printing in IE 5.5

profjj thelist at cbizz.net
Tue Oct 23 10:41:01 CDT 2001

Karl,

Actually Ron is correct.  Once it's on the web any body can do what they
want.  However, the idea with security is to make things a little more
difficult for everyone, nothing being 100% fool proof, but by making it a
tad more difficult for some people to get, well.....  Anway...

However, in your question you mentioned "all printing using IE 5.5".  No
mention of copy and pasting into notepad, or any other program, etc...

This is a theory here, but it might work for your printing @ least.  Create
a separate style sheet for printing with the same content as your regular
stylesheet, and use the media attribute as shown below.  Then, change the
visiblity of every single style you have in this print style sheet
accordingly. You'd link both of them, and everytime someone prints, they'd
get a blank page.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="print.css">

It works the reverse way for printing, so I don't see why it shouldn't.

Again, just a theory.  Would love to know if it works for you.

Good luck,

[[:profjj:]]
//* http://cbizz.net *//