[thelist] Navigator 100% table

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Wed Oct 24 13:09:02 CDT 2001

This is several days late ... but I had some big problems with my mail
server ... so am re-sending this:

A small voice giving her 50 cents worth ...

Adam, my web design teacher taught us that the safest way to deal with NN4.x
was to assign percentage widths only or pixel widths only to table cells,
master or otherwise. I have been using the simple formula of (master) table
width="100%", then the first td would be, say, 20%, and the second td would
be 80% (or 15 and 85, the choice is yours) as long as they both add up to
100%. I much prefer liquid tables, personally.

Or, master table width="580" or whatever, and the two (or three, etc.) cells
would be whatever as long as they all add up to 580 pixels. He said NOT to
mix percentages and pixels or you run into big trouble. Same goes for
nesting tables inside the master. This way you please NN4.x, IE, etc. etc.

Sharon

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com