[thelist] Frames and MAC IE 5.0

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Oct 25 18:15:41 CDT 2001

At 03:18 PM 10/25/2001, you wrote:
>yes, I've had that happen many, many times.
>
>I use this script :
>
>function openWindow(url,name,winwidth,winheight) {
>     thiswin =
>window.open('',name,'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar
>=no,scrollbars=auto,resizable=no,width='+winwidth+',height='+winheight);
>     thiswin.location.href = url;
>}

So basically you are opening a new "blank" window then feeding it the URL?
Hmmmm.

Nicole: It's an internal client site - so I don't have anything to show
off. Sorry.

Thanks.

P.S. We convinced the client to drop the frames, so we now use static pages
- which have yet to fail on a window.open javascript call.
----
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys