[thelist] passing SQL query data from one page to another

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Thu Oct 25 19:50:06 CDT 2001

I'm not sure if I need to rethink how I'm doing this, or if I'm on the right
path and just need technical guidance:

As a supervisor is reviewing a request for purchase order, he wants to be
able to edit it (quantity, accounting notes, etc.) I'm creating the page by
populating a form's fields with the data from the SQL query. I'm not
checking for changes, just passing the line item data to the next page and
executing the update procedure (as it builds the review page, I'm just
concatenating all the data into a single string.) However, passing the
string to the next page, the boolean values for two fields are converted to
nvarchar or some such, and won't update because the field type is bit.

Do I need to pass each value as a separate variable, then do the type
conversion on the receiving end? Is there a simpler way to do this?

Thanks once again.

spinhead