[thelist] CSS Classes and good old NS4

David McDonald davem2 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Oct 26 00:47:33 CDT 2001

Hi All,

I would like to know if the following is acceptable when naming classes in CSS:

.header.breadcrumbs {color:#333333;background:#cccccc;font:7pt/7pt Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif}

Then in my HTML, I have a <div class="header"> and within that <div> is a class called 'breadcrumbs'.

The reason that I write it this way in the CSS is so that all the child classes within the .header class can be grouped together in the one spot. When you look at the CSS, you can see that the .breadcrumbs class is the child of .header.

Am I doing this correctly? It works fine in IE but not in NS4.x. Is it a problem with NS4.x or is it an invalid way to define a child class?

David McDonald

http://www.axs.com.au/~davem

Mobile: 0403 332 140
ICQ: 11814164
Visit http://www.visto.com.
Find out  how companies are linking mobile users to the
enterprise with Visto.