[thelist] Document type encoding validation

Paul Peterson paul at thereformist.com
Fri Oct 26 17:06:42 CDT 2001

Faye,

The error is not in your DOCTYPE, it's in your character encoding. You
didn't include the charset property.

Replace the line:

with:

(Or insert whichever encoding you want. In this case it's Latin-1.)

When I uploaded this to the W3C Validator, it detected the coding but there
are some other errors which I'll let you take care of :)

Best regards,
Paul