[thelist] Any PDF Pro's?????

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 14:59:14 CDT 2001

Change the optimization settings in acrobat to "print" (not "press") instead of "screen".

I saw someone else's comment that you can't make it look good for both printer and
screen, but I have found this not to be true. I contend that the "print" settings simply
contain more data in the bitmaps and vector curves (fonts) than the "screen" settings do,
and therefore are larger and unnecessary for screen-only viewing, but do not jeopardize
the viewing quality for screen. The hierarchy goes like this:

Media      Quality     Size
PRESS      Best        Largest
PRINT      Better      Moderate
SCREEN     Good        Smallest