[thelist] Perl Script

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sun Oct 28 11:30:54 CST 2001

At 10:00 AM 10/28/2001, you wrote:
>This is a pretty large script for posting to a message board, but I know
>next to nothing about PERL so I only removed the HTML content to save space.
>The script itself is a classic Mortgage calculator.  The problem with it is
>that it generates to many closing </TABLE> Tags, here is a partial output of
>the HTML where the problem is.  I would appreciate any feedback I can get on
>this.

Quick hack...

         if ($yrprin > 0 & $bal >= 0)
         {
           if ($outt =~ /Table/) { print "</table>\n"; }
           printf("<li><b>FOR %4d : Int=\$ %10.2f Prin=\$ %10.2f Bal=\$
%10.2f</b>\n",
           $stry2, $yrint, $yrprin, $bal); }
         if ($bal < 1) { $j = 12; }
         $tint2 = $tint2 + $yrint;
      }

Look for the above lines of code and rem this out:

         if ($outt =~ /Table/) { print "</table>\n"; }

becomes

#       if ($outt =~ /Table/) { print "</table>\n"; }

Hope this works for you. Looks like code in bad need of re-writing.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys