[thelist] Automatically Size User-Loaded Images

Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM
Mon Oct 29 09:44:19 CST 2001

<snip>
I just put one of these together using PHP and GD.  But what do you mean by
size?  Do you want to limit the filesize, or the dimensions?

> I will be creating an application that will allow users to upload
pictures
> to a website through an administrative interface.  Any suggestions on how
> should control the size of these images?  Server-side vs client-side?
> Maybe someone could point me to some other places that already do this...

</snip>

Both if possible.  I would like to limit filesize for obvious reasons, but
also control image dimensions.  It would be great if I could have a
thumbnail created on the fly as well...

-Ron