[thelist] DSN x DSN-less

Faye Tarzwell(FayeC) fayec at canada.com
Mon Oct 29 09:45:51 CST 2001

Hi,

I am looking for opinions from the gurus on the list about the pros and
cons of DSN and DSN-less connections...
Sometime ago I read someone's posting saying a DSN-less connection was
faster but then wouldn't security be more important in this case?
My teacher says we should never put a db online without a DSN connection
because the database is too vulnerable....
I would love to hear what you guys have to say about it.
Thank you for all your comments and tips.

--
Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC)
Web Designer/Developer

<tip>
If you have DW and DWU installed on your computer DWU will be the
default when installing extensions.
To be able to use those extensions on DW as well you will need to import
them into DW. You can do that on the Extension manager. Just go back to
the DW extensions and go to File/import select DWU and then select the
extensions you want to import from it.
</tip>