[thelist] DSN x DSN-less

David at softv.net David at softv.net
Mon Oct 29 10:10:04 CST 2001

DSN-less will be faster if you plan on using the native OLEDB provider
(if there is one for your particular DB) for connection. DSNs use
ODBC, which is an extra layer of acces to get thru to the database,
where as OLEDB provides a direct layer to the database engine.
There should be no security risks involved using DSN-less because you
will have secured your db at the database level instead of relying on
your ODBC layer to check for permissions.

<%
David Mitchell
Web Developer
david at sofTV.net