[thelist] redirect all traffic to new server

Richard Bennett mail at richardinfo.com
Mon Oct 29 19:27:16 CST 2001

I have two old servers, that are still accessed frequently from bookmarks,
and I would like to redirect all the traffic to my new server now.
I would also want to send the url the user tried to access, with the
redirect, so I know what page to send the user to on the new server.

All servers are running Apache, and PHP.

As an example, a user might type in :

I want them to arrive at :

Could I completely empty the old server, and have apache route all traffic
to the new server, showing the original URL as referral url?