[thelist] JavaScript Question

Ornstein, Ian IanOrnstein at NC.SLR.com
Tue Oct 30 07:52:32 CST 2001

super tool.
Thanks!

- IanO -

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam-I-Am [mailto:sam at sam-i-am.com]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 5:43 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] JavaScript Question

> Although it works with "forms[0]",
> I would like to understand why it is not working with the form name
> like my other code.  Do you have some dynamic debugging
> tools that would allow me to view the DOM after I modify it dynamically?
> Or some suggestions for debugging?

i have a bookmarklet for IE5+ that does exactly this:
http://www.sam-i-am.com/work/bookmarklets/dev_debugging.html
(scroll down to View DOM / View DOM Fragment)

or just simply alert(document.documentElement.outerHTML);

to your question: is it possible you have another on the page which has
the same ID as the form? That might explain why no "name" property is
available.

Sam