[thelist] Netscape 6.2 out

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Tue Oct 30 16:52:25 CST 2001

At 12:35 PM 10/30/2001, Daniel J. Cody wrote:
>Jumping the gun here /. style, but what the heck :)
>
>Looks like NS6.2 has been released, although not publicized yet,
>http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/ns62/relnotes/62.html
><snip>
>I'm not saying this is an official netscape 6.2 release or anything, but
>they like to upload new releases to the FTP servers a couple days in
>advance most of the time. You can find it on the NS FTP site at
>
>ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6.2/
>
>or I've uploaded the win, mac, linux, and osx *full* install versions to
>http://browsers.evolt.org/index.cfm/dir/navigator/ feel free to download
>and play with.. have fun :)

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I appreciate it.

I was just visiting the AOL site for information about their latest AOL
7.0. That has Netscape 6 with it, although I didn't see which Netscape 6
(maybe 6.0???). Should be interesting to see where all this goes now. Most
of my sites have a huge volume of AOL visitors. Checking my stats, though,
I don't see any of them using this new version yet, though. I've just
started to notice the ads for AOL 7.0, so perhaps it hasn't been downloaded
much yet... I'm not sure when it was officially released.

Has anyone else been tracking AOL version visitors, and if so, are you
getting visitors with AOL 7 yet?

Just curious about all this and thinking how glad I am that I took the time
to fiddle with a new design to make sure it works fine in Netscape 6....

Warmly,
Shirley

--
Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.