[thelist] Netscape 6.2 out

Ron Thigpen rthigpen at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 11:27:09 CST 2001

Umm, unless I've been misled, Netscape6.2 is a branch off of the Mozilla
0.9.4 release.  The Netscape builds lag the Mozilla builds by a couple
of weeks, as time is needed to add the Netscape-specific items.

The Netscape 6.2 release notes page,
<http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/ns62/relnotes/62.html>, directs
users to look here <http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla0.9.4/> for
specific issues.

The date in the browser string you are seeing echo'd in the About: page
("Gecko/20011019 Netscape6/6.2") is most likely the date of the
Netscape-specific build.

--rt