[thelist] Lindows?

Plunkett, Matt MPlunkett at MSA.com
Thu Nov 1 10:20:53 CST 2001

Can you run OSX on an Intel PC tho?  I've been impressed by what I've heard
about it...as migrating from Windows to Linux isn't the most painless thing
in the world.  I'm not interested in buying a ton of new hardware tho.

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
[SMTP:martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com]
	Sent:	Thursday, November 01, 2001 11:17 AM
	To:	thelist at lists.evolt.org
	Subject:	Re: [thelist] Lindows?

	Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

	-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

	Ta-da!
	http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/10/27/2025221&mode=thread

	specifically:
	http://mystaticip.com/homebrew/desktop.jpg

	Mac OSX running IceWM, plus WindowsXP and MacOS7.6 in
	emulation, all at the same time.

	Cheers
	Martin

	To:   thelist at lists.evolt.org
	cc:

	Subject:  Re: [thelist] Lindows?

	Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

	-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

	<blatant Mac advocacy>
	ah, you mean OSX?

	BSD-based core (including CLI) with a lovely GUI over the
	top
	</bMa>

	behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

	telecommunications systems.
entity to
	material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or
	taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or
	entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
received
	this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any
	computer.